Low Testosterone Therapy
Testosterone is a vital hormone that is responsible for male sex organ function and development. Testosterone is also involved in general health and well-being, playing a significant role in sexual function, energy levels, bone strength, and mood. When the body experiences low levels of testosterone, many of these necessary bodily functions can be thrown off-balance.
Click any of the topics below to learn more.
Low testosterone is a fairly common issue that many men deal with as they age. Testosterone levels generally peak around adolescence or early adulthood, and they gradually decrease throughout the years. While this gradual decline can be normal, there are other types of conditions that can cause the levels of testosterone to decrease rapidly, leaving you with unwanted side effects. This typically becomes noticeable when men reach their 40s, and the symptoms can be emphasized by other factors such as poor diet, lack of exercise, and not enough sleep.
Treatment for Low testosterone has been known to physicians for many years. However, many men are unaware that these symptoms are treatable, and choose to attribute them to a fact of aging, rather than seeking out a treatment method. At RevitaLifeMD, we specialize in Bioidentical Hormone Therapyy, specifically for the treatment of Low Testosterone. With our specialized treatment plans, we can help you restore your energy to its youthful levels and have you feeling like you did in your 20s and 30s!
Some of the typical symptoms associated with low testosterone levels include:
- Changes in sexual function such as erectile dysfunction or decreased libido
- Changes in sleep patterns like insomnia
- Physical changes like increased body fat, loss of muscle mass, decreased bone density, or loss of hair
- Emotional changes such as mood swings, irritability, depression, lack of energy, or decreased motivation
It is necessary to meet with your doctor if you suffer from any of these side effects to evaluate if low testosterone is causing them. If you are diagnosed with low testosterone, Testosterone Replacement Therapy may help.
With our Bioidentical Hormone Therapy program, we will optimize your hormone levels to help you start looking and feeling younger. During your initial consultation, you’ll meet with our licensed physician, Dr. Brad Cummins, to discuss your symptoms and your goals for treatment. Based on a body composition and blood test, we’ll determine where your hormone deficiency lies and create a customized treatment program. Through every step of the process, you’ll be educated on the causes of your symptoms and Dr. Cummins will prescribe the necessary dosage of hormone to help you start feeling like yourself again. Testosterone may be prescribed through injections, patches, or gels, to return your hormones to their optimal level. Our practice also offers medical weight loss, body sculpting, and other aesthetic treatments to maximize your treatment plan and help you feel great from the inside out.
- 1 in 4 Men Over 30 Has Low Testosterone (New England Research Institute)
- Only 1 in 20 have clinical symptoms* (New England Research Institute)
- Testosterone production/levels decrease gradually (about 1% per year) beginning around age 30**
- Low testosterone can be caused by medications, hormone disorders, genetics, or chronic illness**
- It is estimated that approximately 10% of the 13 million US men affected by Low T are diagnosed are treated for the condition
Hormone Replacement Therapy provides many benefits for Low T, such as:
- Improved mood, energy, and motivation
- Improved erectile performance and libido
- Decreased body fat
- Improved strength and muscle mass
RevitaLife MD has the experience and expertise you are looking for when considering Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Dr. Cummins has more than 20 years of clinical experience and is a licensed physician and plastic surgeon. We specialize not only in hormone replacement therapy, but also in medical weight loss, body sculpting, and hair restoration. Our approach to aging starts from inside out, by balancing your bodies hormones and then optimizing your aesthetic look. We treat every patient on an individual basis and keep your goals in mind as we design a unique treatment plan to help you look & feel your best. We value your time and offer an online portal so you can follow your progress and communicate with us one-on-one, 24/7.
*Individual results may vary