Hormone Replacement Therapy
Declining hormones can be a normal and natural part of life, but the unwanted issues and symptoms that come along with them are not. Many people are not even aware that their symptoms may be caused by a hormone deficiency, and either choose to live with their symptoms or seek alternative treatment options.
What is Hormone Therapy?
In order for your body to operate at its maximum potential, it is vital to have sufficient levels of certain hormones. As we age, our hormone levels decrease, and can result in varying negative symptoms. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy works to restore your body's hormone levels to their natural balance.
Bioidentical hormones are compounds that have the same chemical and molecular structure as hormones that are produced in the human body, which ensures that they are safe and effective. Depending on your symptoms, you may be prescribed estrogen, progesterone, thyroid, DHEA, cortisol or melatonin.
No matter your ailments are, we will work with you to create a customized treatment plan that will not only restore your body's health, but also improve your well-being, helping you feel better than you did in your 20s and 30s.
Is Hormone Therapy Right for Me?
There are many symptoms that Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can treat, including:
- Fatigue & Low Energy
- Weight Gain & Difficulty Losing Weight
- Foggy Thinking & Mental Cognition
- Mood Swings, Anxiety, Depression
- Allergies, Inflammation, and Poor Immune System
- Decreased Sexual Desire and Performance
- Poor muscle tone, bone health, and overall sense of well-being
- Hot Flashes & Night Sweats
- Alopecia & Hair Loss
- Thyroid Disorders
- Adrenal Fatigue & Chronic Fatigue
- Premature Aging
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome & Other GI Disorders
- A hormone produced by the adrenal gland. Aids in weight loss, and protects against depression, cognitive decline, and mood swings.
- The "male sex hormone". Additionally, testosterone plays a key role in muscle production while decreasing fat.
- A hormone that is produced by the pineal gland and controls your body's internal clock to regulate your sleep-wake cycle.
- Regulates your ability to respond to stress. This steroid hormone also helps control blood sugar levels and metabolism.
- This steroid hormone helps to produce other vital steroid hormones such as estrogen and androgens.
- Thyroid stimulating hormone is produced by the pituitary gland in the brain and are responsible for regulating the body's metabolism.
- Only 10% of the 13 million men suffering from low testosterone are diagnosed and treated each year
- Low testosterone levels are sometimes referred to as “Male Menopause," or Andropause. The decrease in male testosterone is simply due to aging (and can be compounded by other factors) and is clinically referred to as testosterone deficiency syndrome.
- Testosterone production/levels decrease gradually (about 1% per year) beginning around age 30
- Low testosterone can be caused by medications, hormone disorders, genetics, or chronic illness
- Estrogen has been shown to be one of the best treatments for hot flashes and night sweats
- Estrogen may relieve vaginal dryness
- Estrogren protects against bone loss, and prevents hip and spine fractures
- Combined estrogen and progestin therapy may reduce the risk of colon cancer
Men & Women
- Human Growth Hormone has been found to reverse signs of aging, improve muscle strength, increase endurance, and decrease body weight
- DHEA has also been found to slow signs of aging, increase energy, boost immunity, and decrease body weight
What are the Benefits?
Bioidentical hormone therapy has been widely practiced for many years. It not only allows you to restore your body to a healthy state, but it also reverses the signs of aging. Bioidentical hormones have been used to treat men and women for several decades, making them a safe and effective treatment option. In fact, the use of hormones such as estrogen and testosterone have been proven to have a positive impact on diseases like osteoporosis and prostate cancer.
Benefits of Hormone Replacement include:
- Improved sexual performance
- Healthier lipid and cholesterol levels
- Better prostate health
- Improved blood sugar balance
- Healthier mood and outlook
- Increased focus and concentration
- More strength and energy
- Improved well being
- Greater libido
- Reduced aches and pains
- Better quality of sleep
- Improved muscle mass
The RevitaLifeMD Difference
RevitaLife MD has the experience and expertise you are looking for when considering Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. Dr. Cummins has more than 20 years of clinical experience and is a licensed physician. We specialize not only in hormone replacement therapy, but also in medical weight loss, body sculpting, and hair restoration. Our approach to aging starts from inside out, by balancing your body’s hormones and then optimizing your aesthetic look. We treat every patient on an individual basis and keep your goals in mind as we design a unique treatment plan to help you look & feel your best. We value your time and offer an online portal so you can follow your progress and communicate with us one-on-one, 24/7.
We have the Most Positive Anti-Aging & Aesthetic Reviews in Louisville KY
Ready to get started?Book Now